Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Give me a break...
Sep 29, 2011

I know you guys will blast me about my comment. I bet you dont even print it. Many times I have seen my fellow hiv friends die out of the blue. Young and old. And they always say. Oh it wasnt hiv related. That is such a candied coat of crock. Before I stepped into the world of hiv and hiv friends I never had friends drop dead the way my new hiv friends did. Also prior to this infection I was never sick. I mean never. The virus gave me a fit. As my cd 4s fell I experienced many types of different infections. I remember when my cd 4 count was 450 and I developed a horrible burning in my throat. It was like nothing I had ever experienced in my life. I did research on line and all indicators pointed to a fungal infection deep down in the esophagus. I then went to my hiv clinic to speak to the head hiv Dr there. I had no idea what was going on. So I had to rely on his knowledge. That Dr stood in front of me for 15 minutes telling me why it wasnt what I thought it could be. Well after 6 months and losing 30 pounds I couldnt take it anymore so I went to the ER. That Dr took one look down my throat and said. You have a fungal infection in your throat. I said what! How do you know that. His response was that he had worked with hiv clients before and he had seen it many times. I was givin a script for fluconazole 200 mg for three weeks. Oh my God it cleared it up. To make a long story short. Hiv is not just a open text book case. It effects each of us differenty. I had to become my own advocate to make it where I am today with my disease. I did encounter other types of infections as well but I sought out a Dr who I could form a relationship with. And he listened to me and together we worked on my health amd each encounter I faced. I am doing great today with a cd 4 count of 1054. So I dont care what you say. A lesson well learned for quality of life. In other words I hear what your saying but thats not what Ive seen. Thank God I saw the light. Many of my friends didnt. I will miss Dr Bob too. It saddens me greatly. I will miss him.

Response from Dr. Young

Hello, you lost your bet.

I'm sorry to hear that you've lost friends. We're all sad that we've lost a caring doctor. I don't think that there's any disagreement here.

Not a time in my humble opinion to rant about candied coated anything.

BY

Previous
functional cure
Next
what should i do next?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.