Should I stop or continue the treatment?

Hi, I am asking the question on behalf of my friend who lives outside USA now. He started his treatment in June when his CD4 was 350. However, after one month of treatment, his liver had problem and he had to stay in hospital for it and the treatment was suspended since then. Now, after few months, the liver condition has been back to normal, and also the CD4 is now back to 540. So my question is should I continute the treatment (by using different combination) or since my CD4 is up, I can just "wait and see" in another few month time. Thanks.

Hi and thanks for posting.

I think that there's no single right or wrong answer to your question. Since your lowest CD4 count was 350, it's likely that you'll fairly quickly get back to this level (and a strong recommendation to resume medications).

Nonetheless, with your newly achieved higher value, you don't need to rush. A somewhat more frequent monitoring of your CD4s might be a reasonable hedged bet.

Hope that helps, BY

stocrin and kivexa [and pregnancy]
re: lasting effects