treatment of HIV
Sep 28, 2011
How many scientifically proven types of drugs are there or the treament HIV/AIDS what is thier history and effecacy of treatment todate?
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting.
Borrowing from TheBody's extensive pages on HIV treatment:
Thirty medications have been approved by the U.S. government to fight HIV and AIDS, with many more in development. To learn when and how they are used, read up on the basics about HIV/AIDS medications and use the list.
HIV/AIDS medications fall into several groups, or "classes." Each class attacks HIV a little differently, and has diverse risks and benefits. To maximize the impact against HIV, a treatment regimen is made up of drugs from different classes.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Long Term Studies Of Hiv-discordant Couples
- Can Worrying About Hiv Make You Have Symptoms When You Don't Have It?
- Is Hiv Transmitted Through Feces?
- What Should You Do When The Condom Broke And The Person Is Hiv Postive?
- If You Have Sex With Someone Hiv Postive What Are The Chances Of You Becoming Infected?
- Can A Painful Lump In Armpit Be A Sign Of Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.