Sustiva and prilosec

I'm getting a LOT of conflicting data on whether or not it is safe to use Sustiva with prilosec OTC. My doctor first said it was fine, then said to take the prilosec at a different point in the day. His nurse said to take them at different points in the day. One pharmacist said it was fine, and another urged me to avoid the combination entirely. For the record, I usually take my prilosec a couple hours after my Atripla, and have been undetectable for about a year. I but don't particularly want any surprises during my next round of labs. I know this issue has been addressed before, but it was years ago. Are the docs at thebody still of the opinion that Sustiva is safe with prilosec?

Hello and thanks for posting.

While it is important to consider the possibility of drug-drug interactions with any medication, there are no significant interactions between efavirenz (SUSTIVA, ATRIPLA) and omeprazole (PRILOSEC). I'm not sure what the second pharmacist was reading (or smoking) when s/he said to avoid the medication combination.

If in doubt, check out one of many free online drug interaction reference tools. i like HIV-DrugInteractions.com and Epocrates.

Hope that helps, BY

receiving oral sex by a man
Please help me!!!