Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Very very important ( false negative vih 2 or types M N O )
Sep 25, 2011

undetectable HIV in the ELISA

I have observed many cases of symptoms such as lymph nodes, night sweats, rash, vomiting, diarrhea, neuropathy, dermatitis, dry skin or xerosis, white tongue, floaters, headaches, among many others .......

And I've seen in these cases the ratio disminucuion CD4 CD8 or inverted ratio (characteristic of HIV)

The spouses have the same symptoms and even their infants .-

I noticed this mostly kids in Africa and in Spain and in my case I'm from Argentina. But my family trips to exotic countries.

I read that the test has a low sencibilidad elisa for HIV 2, making the false negative HIV infection 2.

And also in rare subtypes.

What draws attention are all symptoms of immunodeficiency and the alteration in the ratio CD4 T, and in most of those exposed to HIV-positive couples have had the TCD4 linfositopenia idiopathic.

I do not believe in negative. There is an error in my 20 ELISAs and fear have HIV or some subtype O 2 or MN HELP ME I'M DESPERATE!

pd (this same question to me about to make to Dr. Bob, but I heard the sad condolences noticia.Mi prfesionales all colleagues of Dr. Bob family and Dr. Steve

Response from Dr. McGowan

Thank you for your kind words about "Dr Bob". He will be very truly missed, he has helped so many people struggling with HIV and has helped prevent HIV from infecting countless others with his advice and compassion. You can cotinue his work by supporting the foundation that he and Steve founded, The Robert James Frascino Aids Foundation : http://www.concertedeffort.org

I am sorry that you are feeling unwell. Since you have had 20 ELISA's performed it is clear that you do not have infection with HIV-1 group M or HIV-2. Current ELISA kits will readily pick up HIV-2. Reviews of blood donations have shown 1 of 300 samples with HIV-2 and none with group O or N. If you have traveled to Cameroon there may be a risk for Group N or O. Group N is only in Cameroon and even there it only accounts for <0.1% of infections. There have only been a handful of cases in the world. Since you live in Argentina it is not atv all likely that this accounts for your symptoms.

You should have a thorough check-up by a good general practitioner and try to sort things out and move on from this.

Best, Joe

Previous
follow up qustion
Next
Possible way of transmission? Please help.

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.