drying of blood
Sep 25, 2011
when small drop blood on houshold things and we touched the things then blood goes into open wound..what is the risk to cause hiv ?? small drop of blood of hiv survival outside the body??
Response from Dr. McGowan
There is no real risk from the dried blood.
There is very little HIV in a drop of blood and CDC laboratory studies have shown that drying HIV reduces the viral amounts by 90 to 99 percent within several hours. No one has ever been infected after exposure to HIV from being exposed to HIV from their surroundings.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Pain In Urethra After Masturbation Worried I Have
- Rectal Bleeding After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Can I Take Amoxicillin For Vaginal Infections?
- If You Keep Getting Vaginal Infections In Your Vagina, Do That Mean You Have HIV?
- Incurable Sexually Transmitted Diseases
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.