The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Freaked out in the Netherlands - HIV
Sep 24, 2011

Dear docters,

Greetings from the Netherlands. My sincere condoleances.

I have gotten two blowjobs from a women. I know that the change of getting hiv from a blowjob is very small. But after the deed I saw that my foreskin was a bit swollen. Is this a sign of cuts or abrasions? I saw no blood. Am I in risk of HIV? After 2,5 week (after last blowjob) I got tested for all STD's and HIV. Al came back negative. But last friday I got a call from the women who blew me, saying she has Gunnurea in the throat. Freaking out! Is it possible that I have Gunnurea even if I was tested 2,5 weeks after last contact? I know that she hooked up again with her ex-boyfriend. But what if she already had gunnurea in her throat whilst blowing me? Should I even worry more about a hiv infection? HIV among Dutch women is very rare. Thnx for your patience. Greetings E.

Response from Dr. Young

Hello E in Holland,

The risk of HIV transmission by insertive oral sex (that is, getting a blow job) is very, very low. On the other hand, gonorrhea can easily be transmitted orally.

Men who have gonorrhea are usually symptomatic (thick drainage); it's possible that if still early, that you could have relatively few symptoms.

If you've had a possible exposure, the best thing to do is to get an evaluation and STI testing (HIV, gonorrhea, syphilis and chlamydia).

Hope that helps, BY

Chronic hep B carrier and HIV infection [advice about Thailand]

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint