Food with meds

I take Atazanavir Reyataz and truvada. Undetectable and cd4s over 900 as of last set of labs. I'm supose to take food with these meds in the morning and lots of times I don't feel like eating something at least right away. How important is it to eat with these meds and how soon after or befor should we eat.

Hopefully, you've left Norvir off your list of medications- when Reyataz is taken with Truvada, Norvir has to be included to ensure adequate Reyataz drug levels in the blood.

That said, all Reyataz regimens should be taken with food in the stomach. Without food, Reyataz absorption is usually too low. Generally speaking you should eat within 1 hour of taking your medications.

Hope that helps. BY

Best Initial HAART Regime?
Chronic hep B carrier and HIV infection [advice about Thailand]