|Symptoms after taking PEP treatment
Sep 24, 2011
This is my second time taking PEP treatment, but I am done taking the treatfor almost a month but I am still having symptoms of loose stool and it seems to be blood mixed in with it and I have experience tremendous weight lose. Is this common or should I be worried? But I would like to add that I began to work out twice a day after two weeks of finishing the treatment.
| Response from Dr. Young
Hi and thanks for posting.
While your symptoms are not specific for HIV infection nor associated with PEP, bloody stools and weight loss should prompt a medical evaluation.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Rash After Anal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Rubbing Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Thrush After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- How Fast Do Genital Warts Spread?
- List Of Sexually Transmitted Infections Does Doxycycline Monohydrate Treat
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.