will my cd4 rise?

The doctors realized that I'm + about a year ago. I didn't believe it only when I got Cryptococcus neoformans. Then I was in hospital for a month because my CD4 was 30 and vl 440000!!! But I felt myself good. I had only one symptom: bloody sputum. So we started HAART (Epivir,Isentress,Viread) immediately and another medicine for my lungs (Orungal). We started HAART in May 2011. Now my CD4 is 60 and vl is "only" 27!!!! Will my cd4 rise up to normal level? I've been living healthier life since I came out from the hospital, take my medicines in time and I feel much better then before. What do you think? Look forward you reply! Thank you in advance!

Hello and thanks for posting.

You've turned a big corner in your life, what with the AIDS diagnosis and starting treatment. You've also had a very good initial response to therapy with improved symptoms, a nearly undetectable viral load (especially good given your high baseline viral load) and the beginning of the recovery of your CD4s.

To answer your question, yes. Your CD4 can and will rise. Most in your situation can expect at least a 100-200 cell rise in the first year of treatment. Just stay with the program and adherence; let your care provider know about any symptoms or side effects.

Stay in touch, and be well, BY

I can only afford one of the three meds
Why not Epzicom instead of Ziagen and Epivir