Please explain [Loss of Dr. Bob]

Hi, I am devastated by the loss of Dr. Bob. Now I am full of fear all over again. We keep getting told it is not a death sentence but it is. I do not understand what he had and if it was caused by having aids or if it was something different. Please explain what bacterial sepsis is. I do not understand these things. Lou

Hello Lou and thanks for posting.

With you, all of us are shocked and devastated by the news of Dr. Bob's passing. While I'm not privileged to know the details of his medical case, my understanding is that there was no relationship to HIV/AIDS. Bacterial sepsis is a uncommon, but sometimes very serious condition that is the result of certain types of bacteria in the blood stream. Sepsis can and does happen to people independent of their HIV status.

HIV need not be a death sentence at all. I'm sure that Dr. Bob would tell you the same today if he could.

Be well, BY

dose adjustments
I can only afford one of the three meds