|shelf life of meds
Sep 16, 2011
| Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting.
Most medications are fine if left at room temperature; Novir (ritonavir) is a special case. If your Norvir is the capsule form, it should be refrigerated if kept more than one month. If tablet form, it's stable at room temp.
Check the expiration date on the bottles of the medications (if marked); this will usually tell you if the meds are ok to take. Sometimes the pharmacy bottles might not have this noted. In this case, I usually expect the medications to be good for at least one year (we're close enough now in September).
If in doubt, check with your pharmacist.
Hope that helps, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Psoriasis After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Red Spots After Touching Urine Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Getting Head Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Tiredness After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Receiving Head Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.