viral load dropping with out medication?

Okay I was diagnosed July 2nd of 2011 and I suspect I got it a few months before that test. My inital viral load was around 56,000 I believe, and CD4 count 1400. The next time it was around the same. A few months ago my labs came back and CD4 was about the same and viral load was down to about 24,000 after being 32,000. I went today and now my viral load is 980. I have no started treatment. I was just wondering why it keeps dropping, I know it's a good thing but still. My Dr. said it wasn't typical for it to drop that much.

Hello and thanks for posting.

While your first three viral loads are generally similar, I agree with your doctor that your decrease to less than 1000 is unexpected (for someone off HIV medications).

If confirmed, this would be good news, but I'd be prepared for the possibility that the lowest recent value represents an aberrant test.

Good luck, BY

what will happen
nail pricking transmission