Different Truvada Combinations
Sep 10, 2011
May I kindly ask what are the latest W.H.O regimen available for PEP esp Truvada combinations? I've seen a patient put on Lamzid and Truvada and the M.D claims it's the latest recommendations...somehow the regimen makes me uneasy. It seems to me like four drugs in the same class.
Response from Dr. Young
The most recent WHO Guidelines on Post Exposure Prophlaxis were released in 2007. Either tenofovir + 3TC or FTC (TRUVADA) or zidovudine + 3TC or FTC (COMBIVIR, LAMZID) would be considered acceptable for PEP.
A combination of both TRUVADA and LAMZID would not be recommended, since it would combine 3TC and FTC and since the two medications are nearly the same molecules.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Too Scared To Get Tested After Sex With A Prostitute
- Pain In Penis After Reused Needle Worried I Have HIV
- Rectal Bleeding After Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Licking Anus Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.