26 years HIV

In 1982 I became an end stage care giver when the virus was still called the HTLV3 virus. Since the beginning of the pandemic, I have held 8 men at the moment of their death and helped many more before the end of life. Before the cocktails, the demise we had to look forward to was absolutely horrendous. Since the cocktails, death is now a long way after being diagnosed. I have been on the cocktail for well over 12 years and I just turned 76 years old. I will probably die of old age, and not from the disease of HIV. The cocktail has changed our lives for the better. Compared to dying of AIDS, the meds are a piece of cake. Dying of AIDS isn't. I would take the meds any day.

Hello and thanks for sharing your experiences and valuable thoughts.

Be well, BY

I am on Truvada and Reyataz but no Norvir!
Switch to Isentress+Truvada?