reply to "Starting soon"

just a reply to: i myself was scared to start meds because the only things i read online are bad. then i realized that people only post online when they are having problems. for me my VL was 180000 and cd4 821. doctor asked me if i would start taking the meds i said yes and waited and started my meds only side effect i had was for first month i got high for an hour and then was fine. i do get night sweats maybe 2 times a month. i had realistic dreams but i started taking my meds in morning and the dreams stopped. after being on my meds for 5 days got blood work done again and VL was 1800. i have been undet one month after starting meds. today my blood work is amazing VL undet CD4 1257/49%. life is great! if i could got back in time and make myself be HIV neg i would not do it. i love the person i am today and dont want to change that. (if there was a cure tomorrow i would take it) http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/Meds/Q217218.html?ic=700101

Hello and thanks for sharing.

You're absolutely correct that most of the questions and posts are from the minority of people who have concerns or side effects and that we don't hear nearly as often from those doing well.

So here's to having more of our "doing well" readers telling their important stories. I promise to post all of them.

BY

A 'NORMAL' LIFE ON MEDS?
"Starting Soon" ... my experience