Starting soon [Note in editing: Please share your experiences]

According to my last results and the trend they follow, it appears I'll have to start treatment soon.

I know it is not rational but, having read the pages devoted to the pills on your site, I really wonder whether it is worth it. Of course, left alone with the virus, it means 100% chance to die. But I found no pill that couldn't possibly provoque life-threatening side-effects; and for the surviving ones, it looks like a life of misery: vomiting, diarrhoea, severe psychiatric symptoms,... I'm not quite sure I'm the kind of tough guy who is ready to stay alive at any price. Aren't those stories of people living a "normal" life under treatment just fairy tales?

Regards

Hello and thanks for posting.

Your concerns are understandable. Indeed, every medication has the potential to cause side effects in some people. Today's medications though do this in a very small minority. In my opinion, this cup is more than 90% full and this potential should encourage people to look at the positive benefits of medications rather than submit to the known risks of HIV or AIDS.

You should also know that in our clinic and in the shared experiences of many persons living with HIV that I've been able to meet, it's extremely rare to see significant side effects of medications.

Certainly a "life of misery" from life-threatening side effects is not the goal for medications at all.

Stories of a "normal" life, are indeed, pretty normal. Stories today of a "life of misery" are, fortunately, rare.

I hope that our many readers might use this opportunity to share their experiences. [I'll post their postings]

Be well, BY

loosing a lot of weight
elisa or rapid pcr or wb low risk