New big step?

Hello

Could you detail the potential consequences of what is presented in France as a new possible huge step in the hiv treatments: http://fr.news.yahoo.com/scientifiques-d%C3%A9couvrent-prot%C3%A9ine-efficace-contre-r%C3%A9plication-vih-161709757.html

It's in french but I am sure (?) that it is worth the use of google translate

Hello and thanks for posting.

The French group have identified a protein, called human phosphate binding protein, that appears to inhibit HIV growth in the test tube. (Though I find it interesting that as of this point, there are no English-language press coverage, nor presentations in the scientific literature).

I'd hesitate to call this either a huge step or a HIV treatment; at least yet. There are a lot of additional research step that need to be conducted to determine if this protein will translate to an effective or safe medication. Nevertheless, it's always good news to hear about new potential therapeutic approaches.

Be well, BY

I need your advice.
cd4 count of 780 and virial undtectable for 10 years