HIV risk

Hi Doctor, I am a 38 year old indian living in Bangkok, recently i met a woman on a networking site( she is 34 yrs old thai lady, a mother of two kids)..i had protected sex with her once, that too when she was in her third day of menstrual cycle... though she appears to be a mainstream girl and claims to be free from sexual diseases, what is disturbing is that the day i met her i got a small cut on my hand ( between left hand thumb and index finger) with out my knowledge, i noticed it only when we were about to leave... i asked her and she casually said that she is not aware of.... but ever since that day... i am really scared, its 5 weeks now and i had fever, upper respiratory tract infection and today( on the 38th day) i have noticed few rashes on my back... please advice

Response from Dr. McGowan

One of the ways HIV gets around is that it can infect anyone. You cannot tell by looking whether or not a person may have HIV. I have many patients who have had one sexual partner only. Everyone should have an HIV test regardless or "perceived" risk.

I do not think that your symptoms are from recent HIV infection (respiratory infection would not be a typical symptom). But I do think you should get tested for HIV.

Best, Joe

If you were the patient
grapefruit and Atriple medication