ATRIPLA

Hello Dr McGowan i tested HIV positive in December 2006 i started treatment in Febuary 2007 i take ATRIPLA my viral load went undetectable within 4 weeks of starting the ARVs.....VL was 1 million then dropped to below <20 copies i have been undetectable since (March 2007) CD4% is 26% IT WAS 3% when i first started therapy.

I am tolerating ATRIPLA REALLY WELL Kidney Function, & Liver Function normal i also tested negative to (Hep A, B, & C) but i did get vaccinated against Hep A & B my hepatitis Titer immune response is 800..... is that GOOD or NOT????? Also how long does ATRIPLA stay in the body i herd it has a very long half life or is this false? i feel great & thank you for responding to my questions. ;-) Regards Noah

Response from Dr. McGowan

Dear Noah,

You have had an excellent response to Atripla and your vaccinations. You should continue to practice safe sex to protect yourself from other infections, such as hepatitis C, and re-infection with HIV. Atripla does stay in the body well enough that you only need to take it once a day, and you have a few hours of "forgiveness" if you are a bit late with a dose. This flexibility is good. Keep up the good work.

Joe

Fear
23rd try