Fear

Hello Dr. Joseph, Once again i am under depression. I want to ask again ... I am from INDIA and 29 year old. I am unmarried. I had never any reIationship with anyone in my life except once. I had relationship with a girl in 18 feb,2011 with protection I mean with condom. I am not sure wehter condom was broken or not. But before this I notice something beside my lips but I didnât care about this and continue my shaving . In the month of march,2011 this bumbs has increasing my beard area some other near to my eyelied and ebrow ( Like pinhead ). But still I didnât care. In the month of April I visited to dermetolosit . I diagnosed with molluscum. He recommend me HIV test. I was shocked and under depression. Anyhow on 8th April with courage I went for HIV tridot test . 2nd days I am going to collect my report I was feeling like getting my death sentace. I was praying to God whole night. I got my test report 2nd day that was negative. I went to Dr. he told me that most of the time molluscum on face in adult by the reason of HIV. By the way he prescribe d me some antiviral and cream Immiquod. After a week I angin go for HIV test without Dr. recommendeson because I was so horrifed again I got negative in HIV westorn test. Then I go to another dermetolosite he told me that like this tpye (pinhead ) of molluscum is not realted to HIV. Bythe way he also prescribed me some antiviral and Retain A cream . I continue this till 25th may,2011. But afterall not have any improvement . Then I again go to my first doctor he stop cream and continue some medicine and strat appliyng TCA 25% to burn my molluscum . I continue my medicine till one month. But I didnât get any improvement. Then I decide to go best Dermetolosit in my town. He prescbed some antiviral tab. and cream with a soap which was created by him and he told me that during the bath applying this soap on affected area with rubbing and do the same procedure before applying the cream. With a week my molluscum spread a lot . ( In my personal opinion due to rubbing ) Even he told me that you can keep continue your shaving. But I have already stop my shaving from May. I got some more red spot on my shoulder these are not look like molluscum . I notice this after starting eating new medicine from 3rd dermatologist . It's come within two days on my shoulder and back .I talk to Dr. he told me that thease are infection due to rainy season. But I did not belive at all. I have already stop his treatment after two week. I think his style of treatment and medicne increase more infection. Dr. joseph I have already done 6 HIV test after my life 1st realtion that was from 18th Feb,2011.Even you told me to stop that test. But i my mind is not leasoning My HIV test done after that date (18th feb,2011) 7,8,12,17,21 and 24 week. Thease all are negative. The last test on 9th Aug,2011.I am totally tired with all these test . Sometime I thought about sucide . Every day feel like a year to waiting about more HIV test report.If the things will go like this one day i will become crazy or mental. I am crazy and freaking out whenever search on internet that if a person (specially in Adult)have molluscum on face any eyelied these are by the reason of HIV.I have been hopless due to this. Thease are not big but spreading day by day ( Approxi. 250-300).Dr. itâs true that facial molluscum with an adult due to HIV only.If not so why everywhere on internet showing only these result. Have you seen any adult in your life molluscum on face ,eyelied ,eyebrow without HIV.For god sheak Dr. Joseph please reply my question . I am begging on my knee. Kindly suggest me what to doâ? Waiting for your reply................ MaddyââJo.

Response from Dr. McGowan

Dear Maddy, No you do not have HIV infection. Of course molluscum was well known before HIV was ever around, in fact it was described as early as 1817! It is caused by a separate virus entirely. It can be difficult to treat and requires it to be destroyed..burned, frozen, scraped off and can re-occur. Should try to pick a dermatologist that you trust and stick with him/her. No need for further HIV testing from your episode in Feb.

Best, JOe

Switching from Isentress to Kaletra - what to expect??
ATRIPLA