infection due to flies

Hi Dr. Joseph I am from Russia one silly question is disturbs to me my friend have HIV infected we live together as a business partner in same flat. Once day I seen that a big wound is present on my friends leg. This wound is totally open means no cream or any banded applied. I have also a fresh wound present on my hand (open wound having no cream or banded applied). That day we have watching TV together, there were so many flies present in room due to wafers and biscuits etc. after that 4-5 flies are seat on my open wound. My question is that if this flies is come out after seating on my HIV infected friends open wound(His wound was full of pus and blood) and then it seat on my open wound(some pus and blood is given out from my wound also). Then the HIV infection is possible by contaminated flies legs? I think that during this the leg of flies is contact with my friends open wound due to this there were so many chances to flies legs are contaminated with pus or blood come out my hiv infected friends wound. Can there will be a chances of HIV infection to me through my open wound by flies having legs of flies are contaminated with infected blood or pus?

Response from Dr. McGowan

Do not worry, HIV cannot be transmitted by flies or mosquitos. The virus would not survive and the amount of contaminated material would be too small to spread the infection.

Do not worry...but I would worry about why you and your friend have so many pus-filled wounds. You will have to be more careful.

Best, Joe

bloody mosquito
strange symptoms