Are two drugs enough?

I had the virus from the beginning and recently switched from Lexiva, Norvir, Epzicom regimen to InteLence, Epzicom because of triglyicerides and cholesterol problems. And now my lipids are fine, but my T-cell continue a slow decline from mid-500 to 400 and less. My wonderful doctor says that as the long viral load is undetectable there is no reason to worry. But I am worried (my worries kept me alive till now) and since over many years of treatment I have not really tried that many different drugs I would like to add one more drug (a PI?) to my current regimen, at least for a while, to see if it makes any difference in my T-cell numbers. What classes/drugs you recommend looking into? Many thanks in advance

Hello and thanks for posting.

Since Epzicom is actually two drugs (abacavir+lamivudine) in one pill, your current regimen is a three drug regimen.

As for your CD4 count, I always advise my patients (in your situation) to look carefully at your CD4 percentages. Sometimes we'll see a decline in absolute CD4s that are not accompanied by declines in the percentage. In such cases (especially if the absolute CD4 count, like yours, is in the normal range), I don't get particularly concerned.

BTW, adding a 4th medication to a supressive three drug regimen wouldn't be expected to increase your CD4 count.

I hope that helps, BY

Missed Dosage, Epzicom shortage
bloody mosquito