Missed Dosage, Epzicom shortage

I take Epzicim, Prezista and Norvir. I somehow ran out of Epzicom and due to circumstances can not get my refill till monday (today is friday/saturday-AM). Should i wait for the Epzicom or can/should I take Prezista and Norvir without the Epzicom? Really gld I found this site. Many thanks. Ed

Hello Ed and thanks for posting. I'm happy to hear that our site has been valuable to you.

While in general we recommend taking all of your medications (ie., if you're out of some, stop all medications), the situation with boosted protease inhibitors is probably different. This is because of the growing evidence that shows that even boosted PIs alone carry very good efficacy.

As such, if you're already been taking this regimen for some time and have an undetectable viral load, continuing the Prezista and Norvir without Epzicom for two days shouldn't have a significant impact to the overall effectiveness of your medications.

Feel free to write back anytime. Be well, BY

clinical study
Are two drugs enough?