clinical study

would you know of any clincal studies this fall. I have been positive since Feb. 2001 with a CD4 count around 248. thanks, JB On another note my regiment is Reyataz, truvada, and norvir. I have been on this same reg. since 2006. I heard of a one pill reg. that has just been approved. Do you know about this? Thanks

Hello and thanks for posting.

Thanks too for your interest in clinical trials; a good place to look is the clinicaltrials.gov website. Understand that while most clinical trials for new medications are for therapy naive or persons experiencing treatment failure, there are studies for persons who might benefit from treatment simplification.

One such (and enrolling study) is the GSK-sponsored ASSURE trial. [Bias beware: I am an investigator in this study] The study looks to evaluate how simplification from regimens like yours to a regimen of Epzicom with unboosted (no Norvir) Reyataz.

As for the new one pill regimen (called COMPLERA); it is composed of two of your medications, tenofovir+emtricitabine and adds the newly approved rilpivirine. Clinical trials to evaluate the effectiveness of treatment switches to Complera are ongoing (but not currently enrolling). You can read more about this new combo pill at TheBody.com's coverage.

I hope that is helpful, BY

Poz man, Neg woman, we choose unprotected sex
Missed Dosage, Epzicom shortage