boyfriend is negative, I am positive

Last night we performed light oral on each other. I know the risks involved, but is there anything I can do now, after the fact, as far as reducing or preventing possible virus activity in him.

How high are the risks of contamination?

Hello and thanks for posting.

The overall risks of HIV transmission through oral sex are quite low. One large review of the subject published in the journal AIDS that the risk of receptive oral sex is no more than 0.0004 per sexual event (or 4 in 10,000); for the insertive partner, there have been no reports of transmission. Things that might increase the risk include your viral load, trauma or ulcerative lesions.

That said (and not knowing how you define "light"), if there is significant additional concern and the encounter happened no more than 72 hours ago, he might be appropriate for post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP).

Hope this helps, BY

Any way to boost CD4 without meds?
Poz man, Neg woman, we choose unprotected sex