About to start treatment....

Hello, 1 year ago I went through severe seroconversion. Afterwards I achieved a CD4 count of 400 - however that has been in decline over a period of 9 months - my levels are 290 with a viral load of 490,000 - originally it was suggested that I would have many years before I needed to go on meds , however now my specialist is suggesting I go on medication ( Atripla ) my fear is that if i go on medication now my cd4 count may return to a higher level and I will be taking medication before I need to - of course Im worried about long term effects and wanted to delay it for as long as possible. Can you please let me know your opinion as this is a major decision and I need 3rd part advice . Thank you

Hello and thanks for posting.

Based on what you've described, you're not starting on medications too soon. It's reasonable to want to delay treatment, but you have a quite high viral load and CD4 count well below the threshold where we currently recommend treatment.

Know that HIV medications can be very well tolerated and cause few if any significant side effects.

Be well, BY

thinking of asking my provider about hGH
Atripla and drinking