HIV- why incurable
Aug 19, 2011
WHats the reason which makes the HIV incurable? i mean what makes it differ from others?
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting.
One of the main reasons that HIV is different from most other viral infections has to do with it's unique life cycle. HIV has the nasty requirement of imbedding it's genetic material (chromosome) into the human chromosome. So, for as long as these human cells are alive, they remain a reservoir for new virus.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Oral Ulcers After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Red Spots After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Can I Get Genital Warts From A Razor?
- Can Keflex Treat Chlamydia?
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Being Fingered?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.