HIV/AIDS fear

Sir i wanna ask that i just have a routine walk in my field a needle struck my toe i was very scared so i went see a doctor.Doc cleared me but after three days just for the peace of mind i went to see another doctor he also gave me a green signal.i was then sure but after twenty might be twenty days i came a across some symptoms on internet and i was very worried i had flu with illness but it didn't last for two days and after that i use to sneeze 3 to 4 times a day and still i sneeze but two times a day.Is this kind of sneezing is a symptom of HIV/Aids?After that incident i had a HIV/AIDS test after 4 weeks but fortunately test was negative.so i am very scared sir please clear my mind so that i should stop these thinking i am scared to death..

Hello and thanks for posting.

While this forum is about choosing medications (and therefore, I generally try to avoid answering off-topic questions, even if they're interesting), yours is both important and relatively easy.

Based on how you got injured, your risk of acquiring HIV is vanishingly low. HIV doesn't survive all that long in the field (figuratively and literally). Further, you don't know if the needle was used by someone (or more specifically, someone who's HIV+).

Your flu symptoms (they're not flu symptoms if they lasted only two days), or your sneezing are not typical of HIV,

So stop worrying about this needle and HIV.

BY

Should I start my meds now? July 24
Isentress/Truvada Question