|thank you for your answer, may I have some more please?
Aug 14, 2011
Although having antiviral properties itself, is caffeine (rediculous quantities of high test coffee) ok while on PEP (Kaletra and Combivir)? I know smoking is bad, regardless, but does that interfere with antivirals?
| Response from Dr. Young
Caffeine doesn't have any significant antiviral properties, but is perfectly ok to consume while taking HIV medications.
Yes, tobacco is not a good thing, but also doesn't have any significant interactions with HIV medications (millions of HIV positives smoke, unfortunately, but this doesn't seem to block effectiveness).
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Rash After Performing Oral Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Muscle Ache After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Ejaculation After Fisting Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Rubbing Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Receptive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Have Sex While Being Treated For Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.