Aug 14, 2011
Is it possible to get a common wart on the buttocks or any other genital area? Are all genital warts sexually transmitted?
| Response from Dr. Young
Nearly all warts are caused by one of the many strains of human papilloma virus (HPV). Papilloma virus can infect many different tissues including the skin and genital mucous membranes. And yes, most genital warts are sexually transmitted.
Though somewhat dated, here's TheBody.com's reference on papilloma virus.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What If A Person With Hpv Uses The Restroom And Does Not Wash Their Hands Can You Get It?
- What Does Male Genital Herpes Look Like?
- What Does A Herpes Blister Look Like?
- What Do Shingles On The Body Look Like?
- What Antibiotics Are Used To Treat Chlamydia?
- Ways You Can Get Chlamydia From People Who Have It
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.