Please answer my question
Aug 14, 2011
My aunt is HIV positive. Yesterday, I visited her and she said that she got cuts on her fingers from cooking earlier. Then, she used her fingers with cuts on them to feed my child with snack food. Is my child at risk of being infected with HIV virus? Thanks so much for your response.
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for your post.
Based on what you have described, your child is at no risk of HIV infection.
Be well, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Is The Difference Between Genital Herpes And Shingles?
- What Foods Help Shingles Treatment?
- What Does Being A Carrier Of Herpes Mean?
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
- Tingling In Hands And Feet With Shingles
- Syphilis Home Test Kit
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.