Please answer my question
Aug 14, 2011
My aunt is HIV positive. Yesterday, I visited her and she said that she got cuts on her fingers from cooking earlier. Then, she used her fingers with cuts on them to feed my child with snack food. Is my child at risk of being infected with HIV virus? Thanks so much for your response.
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for your post.
Based on what you have described, your child is at no risk of HIV infection.
Be well, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Lap Dance?
- Risks Of Contracting HIV From Hole In Condom
- Is Headache A Symptom Of AIDS?
- Is Sore Throat An Ars Symptom?
- Painful Urination After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Swallowing Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.