Aug 13, 2011
condom bustd and did realize until we were finished what are my risk what shuld i do
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for your post.
If you're within 72 hours of the exposure, you might benefit from post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP). Your risk depends on several factors, such as whether either partner is positive, and who's the insertive and receptive partner.
I'd talk to your doctor, AIDS service organization or emergency department about how to access non-judgmental care and, if appropriate, PEP.
Best of health, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Penis After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Hair Loss After Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Condom Inside Out Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Ejaculation After Condom Broke Anal Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Swallowing Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.