are these hiv meds safe to split?

i know this topic has been addressed somewhat with some hiv meds, but i was wondering about the safety (mainly drug efficacy speaking) of splitting the following hiv meds:

prezista zidovudine isentress truvada

the reason i ask is not because they're difficult to swallow. rather, i question how much of these drugs are being absorbed into my system as opposed to simply being passed out in my stools. i noticed that certain vitamins and mineral supplements i take would often pass out in my stool still wholly intact. once i started splitting these pills in two,i stopped noticing them in my stools. my concern is that the same thing may be happening to some of my hiv meds (though i can't say for sure i've seen them pass out in my stools).

i know certain meds such as intelence and norvir should NOT be split (it's on the bottles), but i was unclear on my other 4 hiv meds.

thanks for your time, jay

Hello Jay and thanks for your post.

Since these medications are neither capsules, nor time-release coated, there shouldn't be any problem in breaking these particular pills into smaller parts before swallowing (though I'd check with your pharmacist to be certain).

Be well, BY

Availability of HIV meds in Mexico
Why both Truvada and Efavirenz