HIV and AIDS
Jul 24, 2011
Dear sir , my cd4 is 37 .low cd4 count means he diagnosed as aids? ARV works on aids people.? If my cd4 increase to 300 then I am out of Aids? I am worried about my cd4 .
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for your posting.
Yes, a low CD4 count (below 200) is a defining value for an AIDS diagnosis.
ARV (ART) medications do indeed work well for persons with AIDS, and can expect to improve your health. Once CD4s are above 200, you won't have significant risk for AIDS complications, though once diagnosed "AIDS", medically-speaking, you will retain this diagnosis.
I hope that helps, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Anal Warts After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Muscle Ache After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Glands After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus Linked To Osteoarthritis
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.