I miss a dose for 2 and a half hour.

It's my 2nd week after I started my medications, I'm taking Lamivudine/Zidovudine and Efivarenz, I suppose to take my Lamivudine/Zidovudine at 7pm in the evening but I missed it in 2 and a half hour. What should I do? do I have to adjust my time?

Response from Dr. McGowan

Thanks for your question.

Being a couple of hours late on occasion (not on a regular basis) is nothing to worry about. Better to take the dose late than to miss it entirely. No need to adjust the next doses (if they are a little closer together it is not toxic). Just get back onto your regular schedule. Best of luck on your new combo.

Joe

Foreskin rash, Need help fast !!!
Needle and Hiv