Urgent help

Hi, I am 29 year old male.I am really worried about HIV. I got some pimples under my lips in the months of jan,2011,i didn't care and keep continue my shaving after a two months it had been increase a lot in my beard area. Then I consult to a dermatologist he told me that is Molluscum and recommend me to HIV test and Hep. Test. I was shocked. Because i had sex only once in my life in the Feb, 2011 with full protection. By the i went for HIV I, II test (ELISA)in the month of march,2011, I got negative. Then again i went for HIV Western blot test in the month in April,2011 I got negative. The other side my treatment for molluscum has been continuing from month of April. Again in the month of May i go for HIV Elisa test and I got negative. My last HIV Elisa test Negative was June 25, 2011. The reason for worrying:- I read in lot of article that if you have molluscum in beard area and eyelids that's means you are HIV infected. I have molluscum in my beard area as well as in my eyelids. I am under depression about HIV. Kindly suggest me.

Regards Maddy

Response from Dr. McGowan

Dear Maddy,

There are many conditions, like molluscum (which is a virus that causes warts) that may be more common in people who have HIV but that anyone can get. We see this with shingles (caused by varicella which is the Chicken Pox virus), thrush (which is a fungus called candida in the mouth) or tuberculosis. Having them should prompt an HIV test but they can all easily occur without HIV, this is true for molluscum as well. No further HIV testing is needed from your exposure in Feb 2011.

Joe

HIV test Preparation
scratches