Isentress side effects

Dr. Young, Diagnosed with ARS Nov 2010 and started Travuda/Prezista/r but decided to switch to Travuda/Isentress two days ago due to fear of lipoatrophy and started getting numbness/tingling in feet/hands. However, I'm getting severe headaches, sore throat and fatigue with Isentress. Do I need to overlap meds when I switch back to Prezista and is neuropathy more likely from meds or HIV? Thank you very much for your time and expertise.

Hello and thanks for posting.

Sorry to hear about the complications.

Neuropathy is a rather uncommon complication of currently used HIV medications (it used to be common in the d4T, ddI days)- neither associated with raltegravir (ISENTRESS) or darunavir (PREZISTA).

If you're going to switch back to darunavir, there's no need to overlap meds, just resume the old regimen after discontinuing the TRUVADA+ISENTRESS.

Hope that helps, BY

finger prick test came positive
Medication Switch