finger prick test came positive

Good day, on the 15/07/2011 i did a finger prick test and it came out positive, i immediately informed my girl friend about it because i was very scared and confused. she went for the same test in her state and it came out positive but am still in denial. i went to see a doctor and he told me that they test can come out false positive due to flue and many other reason and said i should do a full blood test. please my questions are 1 are they any chance that the full blood test may come out negative (which am praying for) 2 how long do i have to live if am actually positive (which i don't hope for) 3 are they any other information or advice you would like to give me. please help out am confused and feel my life has come to an end.

Hello and thanks for posting.

1. It's possible that your rapid tests are falsely positive, but one should know that they are quite accurate. Here in the US, we'd run a confirmatory Western blot test to confirm the first. Then we would be sure of the results.

2 and 3. People who are HIV infected can live normal (or near normal) lives. It is necessary to connect with experienced healthcare providers, get routine monitoring and when appropriate, start on well-tolerated HIV medications.

Know that your life has not come to an end, only possibly the beginning of a new chapter.

Be well and don't hesitate to write back with any additional questions. BY

HIV related
Isentress side effects