About to start HIV treatment

I was precribed Isentress 400 mg twicw daily, and Epzicom once daily. So my question is how do I take them? can I take Isentress in morning, then take Epzicom in afternoon, then take second dose of Isentress in evening, or does Epzicom need to be taken with Isentress together in one of the doses?? Also can Xanex be taken while on these meds? Thanks You

Hi and thanks for your post.

You ask about a combination regimen that we helped to analyze in the SHIELD study. We found the combination to be very well tolerated and very potent.

There's no particular need to take your Epzicom at any time, other than for convenience sake. For that reason, I typically recommend that the Epzicom be taken with one of the two Isentress doses, rather than introduce a separate (and third) medication dose.

There are no significant drug-drug interactions between your HIV medications and Xanax, so this can be taken while taking your HIV regimen.

Be well, BY

Truvada Reyataz Norvir
Headache While on PEP