cd4 cd8 ratio
Jul 12, 2011
dear sir please tell me if my cd4/cd8 ratio is 2.26 & HIV is negative tell me i m infected or not.& why this ratio is 2.26
Response from Dr. Young
Hi and thanks for posting.
The only way to know if you have HIV is to get proper HIV antibody tests (or, in certain circumstances, a HIV PCR- viral load).
A T-cell counts (CD4, CD8) is not a test to determine HIV status; CD4 counts or CD4/CD8 ratios don't rule in or rule out HIV infection.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Can An Sexually Transmitted Disease Cause White Vaginal Discharge?
- How Long Do You Have To Wait Until You Can Get Tested For An Std?
- Hpd A Sexually Transmitted Disease
- Stomach Pain And Heavy Discharge
- Can You Get Ars 9 Weeks After Exposure?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.