I missed a dose for 15 minutes.
Jul 4, 2011
It's my first week after I started my medications, I'm taking Lamivudine/Zidovudine and Efivarenz, I suppose to take my Lamivudine/Zidovudine at 7pm in the evening but I missed it in 15 minutes. What should I do?
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for your post.
No worries. You can safely take your medications with a much larger window of time- maybe as far a 2-4 hours without any significant compromise of effectiveness.
Be well, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Percentage Of White Women With Hiv In America
- Hiv Positive After Single Exposure
- How Long Does It Take An Hiv Positive Person To Start Showing Signs Of The Disease?
- Is A Negative Hiv Antibody Test At 7 Weeks Reliable?
- What If A Hospital Worker Is Pricked By A Hiv Needle?
- Can Diabetic Test Show Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.