|Whole Body Hypertermia & AIDS
Dec 4, 1997
I am trying to participate in a group that will start treating AIDS patients for miltidrug-resistance HIV with whole Body Hyperthemia in Mexico city. I would like to know your point of view about the treatment of HIV patients with this procedure, what are the benefits (if any) and complications?
| Response from Dr. Gallant
I have been quite unimpressed by the data I've seen on hyperthermia as a treatment for HIV disease. Nor have I been convinced by the theoretical rationale for such a treatment.
If this is a controlled clinical trial designed to study hyperthermia, that may be justifiable. But charging people (or their insurance companies) for this "treatment" is unethical. JG
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Catch AIDS From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Ache In Testicles After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Muscle Ache After Anal Sex Bottom Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.