Does One Month Make A Difference?

After 3 lab works, my doctor thinks I should start a treatment.

For certain reasons it would be convenient for me to start it one month later. He says its up to me (as always) BUT he strongly believe that I shouldnt wait. My CDs are pretty much ok (he says), round 700, but VL is high 100,000.

My question is: does that one month of postpone makes that much difference?

Another thing

That last time he saw me he wanted to do my general physical check up. For some reasons he didnt, and now I have an appointment with the pharmacist next week AND another meeting with the doctor in almost 4 weeks when hes going to perform those tests. My question is: are those tests relevant regarding starting medication, choosing a right combinationkidney parameters, liver parameterscholesterol?

Thank you very much for your answers and your time.

Nik

Hello Nik and thanks for your post.

While I generally consider HIV medications for the majority of my patients, there's little harm in waiting a month to start (especially if you're asymptomatic and have a CD4 count of 700).

We do look at a wide variety of factors, including the health of liver and kidney prior to the selection of medications, so having this information at the time of deciding on which medications to use is valuable.

Be well, BY

Antiretroviral treament for CD4 less than 10
HIV Contact