why PEP need 28 days
Jun 30, 2011
please tell me why PEP need 28 days
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for your post.
The reason that PEP is given for 28 days is that earlier studies suggest that shorter treatment courses (7, 14 days) are less effective in HIV prevention.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Odds Of Getting HIV Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation
- Risks Of Contracting HIV From Hole In Condom
- Flu Symptoms After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Does Washing Up After Sex Prevent Std's?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.