|why PEP need 28 days
Jun 30, 2011
please tell me why PEP need 28 days
| Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for your post.
The reason that PEP is given for 28 days is that earlier studies suggest that shorter treatment courses (7, 14 days) are less effective in HIV prevention.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Testicles After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Painful Ejaculation After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Touching Dried Semen Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Kissing?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.