Accuracy on rapid HIV oral sure test
Jun 29, 2011
How accurate are the rapid oral sure or quick test than the blood antibody test. also can it take longer than six months for HIV antibody to show up positive ?
Response from Dr. Young
Hi and thanks for your post.
The rapid HIV tests are highly accurate, but results should be confirmed by Western blot testing.
It does not take more than six months for one's antibodies against HIV to turn up.
Be well, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Is The Difference Between Shingles And Herpes?
- What If You Took Medicine For Chlamydia And I Still Have Symptoms What Does That Mean?
- What If You Have Chlamydia For Over A Year?
- What Are Over The Counter Treatments For Genital Warts?
- Topical Antifungal For Angular Chelitis
- Is There A Natural Way To Cure Hpv Genital Wart?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.