Baariz - Anti Viral Immunomodulator

Do you know any thing about Baariz - Anti Viral Immunomodulator.It is reputed to ave cured HIV in many cases and reduced viral loads to undetectable in other cases.Please let me know what you know about this drug.Thank you in advance

Hello and thank you for your post.

While I'm very suspicious of claims of "cure" of HIV, I try to evaluate such claims with interest and scrutiny.

At first glance, the Baariz website looks interesting and purports of scientific credibility. Indeed, the site claims to have cured 26 of 31 individuals of a study initiated in 2003; though their own website shows only a decrease in HIV viral loads among some of the 9 patients who received the product (and not all have biologically significant decreases).

The single reported study therefore should be viewed with skeptism; I'd at least like to see a follow up study of a more rigorous design, such as a placebo-controlled, blinded study.

There are are no international conference presentations that I could find, nor are there reports on Baariz in the international published literature (a search of the National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health).

So in sum, while there may be interesting lead compounds in the plant extracts found in Baariz (and these should be the basis of further investigation).

I don't believe that the limited information presented on the company's website comprise sufficient basis to support claims of effectiveness or safety.

BY

risk of discontinuing tenofovir...how safe is it to stop?
Viral Load Spike