Cant remember if I took Truvada

Hello. I've been taking Truvada and Efavirenz for over six months now. My initial viral load was 148000 and my CD4 were 147. The doctor told me to start medication. I do not know how my levels are now since I haven't got the results. The problem is that this morning, I set the alarm to take my morning dosis of Truvada as I always do. I was very sleepy, and I remember I turned off the alarm, but I am not sure if I took the pill or not. That was three hours ago. I've decided to take the pill anyway, being aware that it may be a double dose. I just want to know if I did the right thing by taking the pill or if it would have been better to wait until tomorrow to take my normal doses. Thank you.

Hello and thanks for your post.

Either a single missed or single double dose of Truvada shouldn't get you in any difficulty. Your situation might be a good one to consider using a pill box-- it'll help you remember if you did, or didn't take your medications.

Hope that helps, BY

didivir
cmv-negative