3TC+ABC+EFV

HI,I WAS RECENTY PUT ON ZIAGEN + EPIVIR AND EFV FOR SIX MONTH NOW, AM RESPONDING VERY WELL TO THE DRUGS,I WENT FOR CD4 AND THE RESULT WERE CD4=316 AND CD4%=20.38%.IS IT POSSIBLE THAT I CAN BE PUT ON EPZICOM? IS IT OKEY IF I CAN BE TAKING A BIT OF ALCOHOL WHILIST ON THE SAME DRUGS? THANKS, GM.

Hello GM and thanks for your post.

Sounds like you're responding very well to treatment. Since Epzicom contains abacavir+lamivudine (or by trade names, Ziagen + Epivir), there's no reason why you couldn't switch to the single pill Epzicom.

It's also ok to have an occasional alcohol drink with this (or other) HIV medications.

Be well, BY

colonoscopy
didivir